- IMPORTANT: Higgs Decays Into Fermions! (Nov 26, 2013)
- IMPORTANT: Englert, Higgs Awarded 2013 Nobel Prize in Physics (Oct 8, 2013)
- IMPORTANT: Observation of a Higgs-Like Boson!!! (Jul 4, 2012)
- Our Second Masterclass! (Apr 20, 2013)
- Check-out Rolling in the Higgs (Aug 25, 2012)
- Our First Masterclass! (Apr 19, 2011)
The High Energy Physics Group at Simon Fraser University is interested in hadron collider physics at the highest available energies. We wish to probe matter at the smallest scales to better understand nature's fundamental constituents and interactions.
The experimental particle physics group is playing a leading role in the ATLAS Experiment. Mike Vetterli is the principal investigator for ATLAS at SFU and is also the project leader for ATLAS' Canadian Tier-I data center at TRIUMF. Dugan O'Neil is the deputy spokesperson of ATLAS-Canada and is the principal investigator for the Compute Canada installation at SFU (providing ATLAS with Tier-II computing), Bernd Stelzer is the ATLAS-Canada Physics coordinator and a project leader in ATLAS global monitoring and in the search for new physics. In the past we have also worked on CDF and D0 at the Tevatron. Dugan O'Neil was the founding spokeperson of the D0-Canada collaboration and Bernd Stelzer was the SFU PI for CDF.
Click below for more information on what we are doing.
|Open eLog||Private eLog||Group eLog||HEP Wiki||View CVS (SFU mirror)|